The Global Language Monitor, after some extensive social-media driven research has determined the most fashion-forward city in the world. Though many would assume it may be Paris or Milan, another European nation takes the proverbial throne, and it is ironic in that sense as well.
Thanks to Princess Kate Middleton and fashion iconoclast Alexander McQueen, London transcended New York City in the rankings just barely, with these two figureheads serving as the tipping point.
The rankings in their entirety are as follows:
1. London (3) – Kate Middleton and Alexander McQueen help raise the City to No.1 status.
2. New York (1) – New York is strong but London has Kate. ‘Nuff said.
3. Paris (4) – No. 1 in our hearts but No. 3 in the media.
4. Milan (6) – The Earth has returned to its proper orbit: The Big Four once again occupy the top four spots.
5. Los Angeles (5) – LA solidifying her hold on No. 5.
6. Hong Kong (2) — Down from No. 2 but tops again in Asia.
7. Barcelona (10) – The Queen of the Iberian Peninsula. Once again.
8. Singapore (15) – Up seven spots and into the Top Ten.
9. Tokyo (14) – Third Asian city in the Top Ten.
10. Berlin (18) – Completes a long climb into elite status.